- Category: Magento User Guide
- Created on 13 July 2013
I. System requirements
For Magento requirements, you can check here http://www.magentocommerce.com/system-requirements .
To use our Magento extensions, you must have Magento versions from 1.5 to 1.8.
Sources Available: .HTML; .PSD;.PHP;.XML;.CSS;.JS
For uncompressing a template ZIP package:
WinZip 9+ (Windows);
Stuffit Expander 10+ (Mac);
II. How to Install Magento Facebook Login Extension
Firstly, download our Magento Facebook Login Extension Package and unzip it.
You have two options to install the package.
1. Option 1: Install Quick Start Packages.
You will use: nbm_mag_facebook_connection_package-v.1.0_tgz
Step 1: On Admin Panel, you go to System → Magento Connect → Magento Connect Manager.
Step 2: In Magento Connect Manager, go to Direct package file upload.
Click Browse to locate the files on your system, choose file: nbm_mag_facebook_connection_package-v.1.0_tgz and upload it.
Step 3: The extension has been successfully installed. Click Refresh.
2. Option 2: Upload extension via FTP.
Step 1: Unzip file nbm_mag_facebook_connection_upload_UNZIP-v.1.0.zip
Step 2: Upload the extension directory contents to your Magento root directory via FTP. (you can use FileZilla, cuteFTP…)
IV. How to Use Magento Facebook Login Extension
- After install extension, logout and login again to admin system to update the extension.
- Refresh all caches in Cache Management, Reindex all data in Index Management.
- Go to System → Configuration → Cmsmart Extensions → Facebook Login.
- Go to https://developers.facebook.com to create App Facebook .
- Click Register as Developer to register an account.
- After completed registration, click Register Facebook App and create an App Facebook.
- Fill App Name and App Namespace → Continue
- Enter captcha → Continue
- App domain: fill your website url but don’t include http and https.
- Sandbox Mode: tick Disable.
- Click Website with Facebook Login → Site URL: enter your website url .
- Click Save Changes.
- When you have App ID, App Secret goes back Admin panel fill Application Api Key is App ID, Application Secret is App Secret.
- Enable: Yes.
- Then, choose your language.
- Click Save Config.
- Come back to Home page and press F5 to refresh.