- Category: Magento User Guide
- Created on 28 August 2013
Magento is becoming one of the best E-commerce store which is gaining popularity by leaps and bounds. With this rate of increasing popularity, many existing and new stores are bound to migrate or start with Magento pretty soon. Although, Magento is quite good but it requires proper knowledge before you indulge yourself into Magento customization. But when you purchase our product we will support to you and it's very easy to use. Now we will guide you install our theme or extension, it is very quick and easy.
There are two ways to use Cmsmart extension, theme for your site
Option 1: Fresh Installation for your shop ->Install Quick Start Packages.
Option 2: Upload theme or extension via FTP
DETAIL INSTALLATION GUIDE
1. Option 1: Fresh Installation for your shop ->Install Quick Start Packages.
- Go to Admin --> System, under System --> Magento Connect --> Magento Connect Manager
- Here again enter login information and click login button as screen bellow
- At Magento Connect Manager, go to Direct package file and start upload package file. You just choose file: name_of_extension_package.tgz
- Now you need wait and after extension or theme has been successfully installed. Click Refresh.
So you had completed installation extension or theme and you can start configuration extension or theme for your site.
2. Option 2: Upload theme or extension via FTP
Please do the following steps:
1. Log out from Magento Admin panel if you are logged in
2. Unpack the contents of the extension folder from the package file purchased from Cmsmart.net to your Magento root folder
Example: Installation Videogallery Extension
3. Log into Magento Admin Panel
4. If Cache Control is enabled in Magento go to System --> Cache Management section, select Refresh under All Cache drop-down menu and press Submit
5. If Compilation mode is enabled you should disable it first (System - Tools - Compilation)
6. Now go to System --> Configuration --> CMSMART tab --> Extensions section. If you see the record with extension name in the list of installed Cmsmart extensions you are done.