1. How Cmsmart marketplace works?
Cmsmart Marketplace is full multi - vendor system to sell and manage downloadable products. Seller submits their product and waits for a careful review from the Cmsmart staff to ensure it meets different quality criteria.
The product will be published to be sold on the market with a accurate feature introductions and attractive introductions of text and image. Intro videos, demo and client testimonials is always included in the product pages together with information of compatible CMS, change logs, product canonization, etc…
Buyer will base on his complex mind of comparison to decide to buy a product. The payment is sent to Cmsmart Account, not the seller. Buyer can download almost immediately right after the payment is done and begin to use the product.
Seller can update change logs, upload new versions, edit current product information and photos; ask for client testimonials, and always provide the support to clients. Any dispute is handled by the Cmsmart staff to connect the troubleshoot from Seller and buyers.
2. How can I become a seller?
Anyone can become seller as well as their product is committed to the marketplace policies. Submit your product to sell on Cmsmart is a very easy steps and completely free at no charge.
Firstly you have to prepare a high quality product to sell. Read the Seller FAQ and register an account on Marketplace. In your Cpanel, there is a “becomes a seller” button to open a seller profile which you need to complete. Supply the right information before moving on the seller menu.
Each seller can control almost everything on their products, order list and sale reports. You can also provide support on your own support system or can use our Cloodo.com, ticket support system for free.
During the time, a Seller Account Manager from Cmsmart Marketplace will work with you closely to support your step by step transition as well as to improve your product and sale performance.
We also provide a very detail tips and hints in the product submit form so you can optimize your product presentation and soon to see your products published.
3. Do you have any useful tips to help Sellers earn more money?
Yes! The guideline of product submission is the first step to help you sell more and more products, please strictly follow it. Also, there are dozens of articles explaining and helping Seller in Cmsmart.net is marketplace blog.
4. How do Sellers get paid?
All payment requests are processed to pay out on the 15th of every calendar month. If the 15th of the month falls on a weekend or public holiday, payment will be made the next business day.
Once your balance has reached $50, you may request a payout to your PayPal via your Account page.
5. Do you have a referral program?
We are developing this referral program and not supplying at this time.
6. Do I retain the rights to my own file?
Yes, it is your file. We just provide a venue to sell it.
7. Can my payment rate ever go down?
Nope, unlike some of the other major marketplaces your rate will never go down, regardless of sales volume. The payment rate which is mostly accepted is 70/30 with 70 for you and 30 for Cmsmart. The payment rate can be depending on each partnership.
However in the developmemt of the marketplace business, we can re-structure the payment scheme to better facilicate the seller, the buyer and the product’s quality.
8. Are files reviewed or will you accept anything?
Each file goes through a rigorous reviewing process to make sure the quality is top notch. That is why so many buyers choose our marketplaces over those that accept lower quality files.
9. Can I make more money by selling exclusively with Cmsmart.net?
Yes you are mostly welcomed! Our supervisor will consult you more detail on this.
10. Is exclusivity based on the Seller or the individual file?
Meaning, could I sell one file here and sell a completely different one on my own site?
Exclusivity is on a per file basis so yes, as long as the files are completely different, you could sell one here and one on your site.
11. Who is responsible for copyright violations in files I’ve submitted?
As the Seller, it is your responsibility to make sure you’re not violating anyone’s copyright by uploading your file. If you’re unsure if you’re allowed to use an asset within your file, ask the owner or a lawyer. However in most case, our account supervisor with give as much as help to your case! We will not give you alone.
12. Who determines the price of my file?
All files are priced by Cmsmart.net and its staff, to ensure prices consistently reflect factors such as quality, complexity, potential demand and license type. However in most case, Seller give a suggest price for their own works and we will consider to approve that price.
13. Am I required to support the files I upload?
Providing support is a great way to ensure repeat business from buyers. In Cmsmart Marketplace, we provide the Central Support System, in which the Buyer will open the ticket support to the product very easily and Seller can provive the Private ticket support indside Cmsmart system.
Therefore, Buyer do not have to go to seller website, create a new accounts and have to provide each detail of their purchase to get support. If buyer bought 10 product from 10 seller, he will get headaches to follow all this stuff process to receive support. Now in Cmsmart, buyers is the kings and all seller give support consistently.
This is also a way we can give overall rating for seller support services as this is the key factors when working on Open Sources Market.
14. Are there file types that you already have plenty of that you no longer accept?
If a category is oversaturated, that just means the quality standards go up. You’ll have to give it a unique spin or make it much nicer looking for it to be approved.
15. What happen if buyer requests a refund?
Buyer can request a refund case and Cmsmart staff will work with seller and buyer to determine what should finally work out. One of most happened cases is to refund to buyer and the sales volumes from Seller will be deducted the same amount to buyer’s credit.
We will keep around 50usd deposit on seller earning amount each months, for refunds cases happened after sales. The refund for buyer will be back to buyer account in form of deposit points, not in cash. We refuse refund cash back in any case of seller dispute.
The amounts of the order will be deducted from seller accounts.
16. Product Submit Process:
Product name should:
- Naming private brand, ex: Cmsmart, Magik…
- Have keyword, ex: Ebay theme, responsive themes, printing themes…
- Have CMS name, ex: Cmsmart EbayVirtuemart/ Magento responsive themes
- Not over 7 words for a products name
- Matching the products main features, ex: Virtuemart Frequently Bought Together Extension
- Cmsmart can edit your product name if needed
- Cmsmart use its own pre-load frame to display your demo of product so your URL demo not to be inside any frame of your own.
- Your demo have to be in BEST preparation, updated and fast loading, the bad or dead product demo with cause your product is not approved or un-published on the market
- Your demo is hosted on your own servers
- Product icon is used to display about products throughout listing page and modules, so it's attractive look will decide whether your product is view or not. Be take time to design a good one.
- Product Icon should includes the names of product
- Images and graphic should tell about product main features for right demonstration
- The right size is 360px x 360px
- Main banner is to make First Impression on your product, it will decides 35% of your product sales
- You should update your main banner 3 - 6 months
- Use beautiful photos and right a list of product feature with prominent text size is always good; Icon news, hot, updates version, CMS logo...should been added.
- Name of product can be repeated and Strong background is always works! Make your banner clean, neat and impressive!
- Do not write too long sentences, do not use bad background,
- The right size is 742px x 350px
- Short Intro of your product should not that 150 characters with space
- Have to be clear, straight to the point, attract the reader and well - dictated about the product.
Main introduction affect 50% of your sales
- Why does shopper need this product?
- Why shop owner need to have this product?
- Which functions the product is BEST and better?
- Which Feature the products is better than other product?
- Which designs element of product is Most Attractive?
- Have repeat product name, keyword, key phrase
- None related content – especially no meaning
- Talk too much about product feature, functions
- Does not explain the benefit of customers
- Does not explain why buyers need to buy the product
- Does not explain why the product is better than competitors
- Bad English, wrong grammar or messy content will results the product not be approved or published
- All the photo inserted inside introduction text have to be stored on your own secure and stable servers and width not more than 742px
- There is no restriction on the length of your full product description. You should do research on best sales product to learn how to improve your product page introduction to attract more sales
Please upload product package in .ZIP format only, max file size is 150MB. In case same file name uploaded, the old file will be deleted.
17. What is the requirement for the product to be accepted?
For an item to be accepted on the Cmsmart Market it needs to follow the upload instructions and meet our quality standards.
Quality Requirements will be based on the below criteria:
- How useful the item is.
- The different values of the item on market demand
- Whether the item contains any potentially offensive content (Eg. Violence, sexual content, offensive language content).
- The aesthetic value of the item.
- The standard of the item's construction.
- The item's level of customizability.
Other Reasons Items Might Not Be Approved
- If similar items are already in the library.
- Unique take on a familiar item.
- If the files are corrupted or we suspect they carry a virus.
- If the item is difficult to use or implement.
- If the item does not meet marketplace quality or aesthetic standards.
- Seller does not provide the right introduction
- Seller refuse to support the buyers
- Seller does not include the user guide
- Seller does not update his profile with right information
Occasionally Review of Files
Occasionally, items on the Cmsmart Market are reviewed to ensure the library remains up to date with current software and trends. If your item does not pass review, you will receive email notification and your item will become inactive after 30 days.
As aSeller you have the responsibility to only sell things that belong to you. By selling an item, you are making an agreement not only with Cmsmart but with anyone who buys your item that you own full copyright to that item, and have appropriately licensed any auxiliary content that it makes use of.
There are very serious consequences for doing the wrong thing when it comes to copyright so make sure you read this section very carefully and avoid misusing another person’s work. If after reading this section you are still unclear you should contact support to answer any questions you have.
Cmsmart takes copyright violation very seriously. If we discover that a work has violated copyright we will ban the Seller from the Cmsmart Market, freeze any funds made from the sale of that work and in some cases the injured party will take legal action against you – ensure you are aware of the rules.